> In any case, I'd worry less about the technology, and more about what you
> need
> from it. That will make it easier to figure out which approach is best.
>
> Bruce

Markdown with RDFa on the side will suit quite nicely, thanks to pandoc. The
desire for semantical documents sounds like it will be resolved sooner or
later with Tagged PDF. Until then the semantics can reside outside the PDF
in my case. I consider it only a "need" inasmuch as I am an archivist by
archetype, and so the idea of the best looking documents (the PDFs) being
also the most monolithic just goes against my natural grain. For now it is
not an urgency, but I do thank you all for the advice and comments!

The markdown solution is doubly good because now I see a way to incorporate
conTeXt in a web project that centers on language The better rendered the
text, the better the project. Ah, the universal adoption of TeX in
everything I do may not be far off ;)

Regards,

John C. Haltiwanger