On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:

Basic greek should work in math. I cannot get the latest minimals right
now (slow internet connection), but px math and lm math use the same code
to generate virtual fonts, so px math should work in the latest minimals.

Using the predefined

[mm] [math] [palatino]

You can test these formulas in px-math:

\starttext
\startformula
Y=AK^{\alpha{}}L^{1-\alpha{}} \eqno(1)
\stopformula

\startformula
y-l=a+\alpha(k-l) \eqno(2)
\stopformula

\startformula
a = (y-l) - \alpha{} (k-l) \eqno(3)
\stopformula

\startformula
A = (3-7)-(0.3) (5-3) = 3.4
\stopformula

\alpha{}
\stoptext

I see. There is indeed something wrong with both px-math and tx-math, but I cannot see why it is behaving differently. In math-vfu.lua, if you replace pxmi.tfm with lmmi10.tfm and regenerate formats, greek in math works, so it is something specific with the font.

Hans, Taco: Any idea what is happening here? Minimal test file

\usetypescript[palatino] \setupbodyfont[palatino]
\starttext $\alpha \beta$ \stoptext

Idris: For greek outside the math mode, you should use \greekalpha etc, which works with palatino.

Aditya