On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Peter Münster wrote:

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009, Peter Münster wrote:

(I've tried t-vim.tex, but it seems to be broken:
ERROR: I can't find file `test-vimsyntax.tmp-vimsyntax.tmp'.)

Ok, t-vim.tex works now. The mtxrun part was the problem. Here my new
version of the \runvimsyntax macro (perhaps no more MS-Windows
compatibility):

\def\runvimsyntax#1
  {\executesystemcommand
     {vim
          -u NONE  % No need to read unnessary configurations
          -e       % run in ex mode
          -C       % Set compatibile
          -n       % No swap
%          -V10log  % For debugging only, will go away later.
          -c "set tabstop=\@@vstab"
          -c "syntax on"
          -c "set syntax=\@@vssyntax"
          -c "let contextstartline=\@@vsstart"
          -c "let contextstopline=\@@vsstop"
          -c "source `kpsewhich 2context.vim`"
          -c "wqa" "#1"}}

Hey, `kpsewhich 2context.vim` is cheating!

In MkIV, I think that it should be possible to get the full file name using luatex's kpse library. Once I figure that out, the call to mtxrun can be omitted in a platform independent manner. However, I have no time for it right now.

starting point :

   mtxrun --run vim full:2context.vim

inside a context run you can use

  resolvers.resolve("full:2context.vim")

or just resolvers.find_file("2context.vim","other text file")

so using:

  \ctxlua{os.execute("....")}

should be doable

Thanks, this seems to work as expected. I will work on a new version that will use resolvers.resolve in MkIV, and the old method in MkII.

Aditya