Am 17.10.2009 um 22:29 schrieb Andreas Harder:

Hi all,

now that \inline[ref] etc. work—whereas in the case of \someline [ref] \inline[ref] always jumps to the else-branch of its definition and outputs the same line twice—I tried, obviously naive, to realize the following functionality (attachment).

It seems that the (wrong?) use of \starbuffer in a macro is the cause of the error: ! File ended while scanning use of \dododowithbuffer.

Can someone provide a correction?

1. This \doifelsesamelinereference macro in page-lin.mkiv should be changed to:

\def\doifelsesamelinereference#1#2#3%
 {\doifreferencefoundelse{lr:b:#1}
    {\edef\fline{\currentreferencedefault}% was \currentreferencetext
     \doifreferencefoundelse{lr:e:#1}
{\edef\tline{\currentreferencedefault}% was \currentreferencetext
        \ifx\fline\tline#2\else#3\fi}
       {\unknownreference{#1}#2}}
    {\unknownreference{#1}#2}}

Hello Wolfgang!

Thanks a lot!

2. You can't hide start/stopbuffer.

Before I help you provide us with more information, e.g. should the text in the buffer
appear also in the complete text or do you it only in the snippet?

Sorry, that I did not make myself clear. The real setup is: I've a lot of line numbered text in the appendix of the document. In the body I'd like to cite out of it (with the same line numbers as in the source/ appendix). The appendix should stay unchanged. I've made a new test file:

Thanks for your effort

        Andreas