On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 19:59, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 19:24, Vnpenguin wrote:

>>> Yes, the easy answer would be "upgrade your linux", but we probably
>>> want the binaries to run on slightly older machines as well.
>>
>> My box CentOS 5.4 with all updates. What do you mean "upgrade" ?
>
> Hello,
>
> Apparently it means that CentOS uses something like a
> several-years-span-back-in-time libc library and you cannot do much
> about it. That's no problem in general since you would not take a
> suse-compiled firefox and take the binary to your CentOS.

Hey, CentOS 5.4 just released on 21-May-2009 :-) If I have problem
with ConTeXt on CentOS 5.4 so all users of RHEL 5.4 are the same: they
can not!

> You are the first user that has complained so far (most probably
> because you are the first user to try ConTeXt on CentOS). There are
> several options:
> a) (dangerous; I would not do it) install a more recent version of
> libc on your machine

It's NOT possible.

> b) we need to set up some virtual machine with an old linux and
> compile binaries there or find someone else with a reasonably old
> 64-bit linux server

> c) you would need to compile the binaries for minimals on regular basis

Howto do this ? Is there any guide ?

> d) since LuaTeX works fine, just stick to MKIV (MKII is highly
> unsuitable for writing Vietnamese anyway :) :) :)
> e) Reinhard was trying to convince me to typeset some of his
> Vietnamese documents in ConTeXt back in May. Those test documents have
> revealed quite some bugs in font setups in ConTeXt MKII. If Reinhard
> still neeeds fixed Vietnamese in ConTeXt MKII, we'll gladly give him
> svn account to commit 64-bit linux binaries for minimals, so that he
> doesn't get out of "the art of compiling TeX binaries exercise"
> between the long breaks in TeX Live releases.

I setup ConTeXt to test some things at work, nothing to see with vietnamese yet.

If it's not possible with ConTeXt minimal distro, maybe I'll go for TeXlive.

Thanks

--
http://vnoss.org