On Monday 16 November 2009 23:57:28 Curiouslearn wrote:
> Thanks everyone for replying.
>
> Alan, the tikz module does not work with MKIV. From what I have read
> before, it seems it will not unless the creator of tikz makes some
> changes to tikz package so that it works with Context. I am not sure
> how likely that is.

I know that tikz is (currently) not working under mkiv, but I choose to ignore
this as I expect that this will be fixed. I have not been concerned with this,
as I no longer actively use tikz. Indeed, since learning (and still learning)
metapost, I find it far superior: cleaner syntax, much more powerful... Tikz
is/was a very welcome addition to laTeX, but metapost, whose syntax is more
closely related to plain TeX, is more coherent with ConTeXt. So I now find the
syntax of tikz uncomfortable under ConTeXt.

I still sometimes use LaTeX for the submission of articles to scientific
journals (in particular using RevTeX), but I now use ConTeXt
(\startTEXpage\stopTEXpage) to make the figures (that must be submitted as
separate files in any case).

Alan

P.S. What I really liked about tikz is the quality of its documentation, in
particular the tutorial that is very clear. The documentation for metapost
(and metafun) is very good, but not so easy. *We* need to write a good
tutorial!