OK, that fixes it (except I prefer tex/context/user/mine). I have been using tex/sources for over a decade though.

Many thanks for your patience.

Christopher

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 18:53, Christopher G D Tipper wrote:
So following your instructions I get:

C:\Users\Christopher>kpsewhich -progname=texexec basic-template
c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/sources/user/basic-template.tex

Does it help if you move the file to
    c:/Users/Christopher/Library/texmf/tex/context/third/mine/basic-template.tex

The important thing might be to put it under tex/context/[whatever].
The location tex/[whatever] won't work in general.

Mojca