Il 28/12/2009 18.59, Hans Hagen ha scritto:
On 28-12-2009 14:44, Manuel P. wrote:

Another "problem" is the "fluidity" of ConTeXt: it changes rapidly and
the documentation is left behind. It's good because it responds very
quickly to the real world and users needs, on the other hand it's bad
because a new user has to be "in the club" for some time to figure out
everything.

most of context (interface) is quite stable and hasn't changed in ages; however with luatex/mkiv we can move forward and do things that are impossible in good old tex but it's not neccessarily functionality that you need now (after all, we have been producing pretty complex docs with mkii and mkiv has hardly be touched the last years)

Hans

Well, I'm using context for far too short time to know this. I was just saying what I've read around the internet, and since this is not the case: sorry! I'm simply too inexperienced :)

I've come to realize (as I was suspecting) that my problems comes mainly by my largely inadequate knowledge and experience with context. And this is fine and natural. My only wrong choice was picking context for my thesis (with a very near deadline) without knowing it sufficiently, not my interest in it.

So the message is: context is good and powerful, but not the best choice for this particular project since I don't know it so well. My choice and my error. Lesson learned: for important projects, stick with whatever you know well. Leave the experiments for free-time.

--
Manuel P.