On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Alan BRASLAU wrote:

PS: Your opinion is not so humble, and I do not really see the rational
why indentnext=no is the default for most things* rather than indentnext=auto.

Below is my understanding of ConTeXt's design principle (Hans or Taco should
correct me if I am wrong). Content should be separate from presentation. This
means that indentation should be a function of semantics, and not of how you
format your source. So

    some text ...
    \startitemize
      \item
      \item
    \stopitemize
    some more text

and

    some text

    \startitemize
       \item
       \item
    \stopitemize

    some more text ...

should give the same result. If you want an item group that does not start a
paragraph, and an item group that starts a new paragraph, then they are two
different objects and you should define two different environments for them.

    \defineitemgroup[spitemize] %single para
                    [indentnext=no,
                     before=\blank,
                     after=\blank]

   \defineitemgroup[mpitemize] %multi para
                   [indentnext=yes,
                    before={\blank[big]},
                    after={\blank[big]}]

Then you can use \startspitemize or \startmpitemize dependening on what you
want. The way you format the source does not matter.

Aditya