Thanks for the guidance, I finally get my Lucida Math work.

After the \showfont step, I found that I didn't have the "tex-ma"
vector font, and the last two lines in math-vfu.lua should be changed
to:
    { name = "hlcra.tfm", vector = "tex-mb" },
    { name = "hlcrm.tfm", vector = "tex-mi" },
in my case.

By the way, there's a typo in fonts.enc.math["tex-mi"] in
math-vfu.lua, the comment "righttharpoonup" has an extra "t" and I
just wish it could be perfect.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>    { name = "rm-lmr10.tfm", vector = "tex-mr-missing" } ,
>    { name = "lmmi10.tfm", vector = "tex-mi", skewchar=0x7F },
>    { name = "lmmi10.tfm", vector = "tex-it", skewchar=0x7F },
>    { name = "lmsy10.tfm", vector = "tex-sy", skewchar=0x30,
> parameters = true } ,
>    { name = "lmex10.tfm", vector = "tex-ex", extension = true } ,
>    { name = "msam10.tfm", vector = "tex-ma" },
>    { name = "msbm10.tfm", vector = "tex-mb" },
>  -- { name = "rm-lmbx10.tfm", vector = "tex-bf" } ,
>    { name = "lmroman10-bold.otf", vector = "tex-bf" } ,
>    { name = "lmmib10.tfm", vector = "tex-bi", skewchar=0x7F } ,
>    { name = "lmsans10-regular.otf", vector = "tex-ss", optional=true },
>    { name = "lmmono10-regular.otf", vector = "tex-tt", optional=true },
>    { name = "eufm10.tfm", vector = "tex-fraktur", optional=true },
>    { name = "eufb10.tfm", vector = "tex-fraktur-bold", optional=true },
> } )
>
> You may want to check any tfm font mentioned here as well as any
> vector="..." mentioned.
>
> fonts.enc.math["tex-mi"] = {
>    [0x1D6E4] = 0x00, -- Gamma
>    [0x1D6E5] = 0x01, -- Delta
>    [0x1D6E9] = 0x02, -- Theta
>    [0x1D6F3] = 0x02, -- varTheta (not present in TeX)
>    [0x1D6EC] = 0x03, -- Lambda
>    [0x1D6EF] = 0x04, -- Xi
>    [0x1D6F1] = 0x05, -- Pi
>
> There's a very precious source of information available for unicode
> mappings for many fonts that might be worth considering:
>     tex4ht/ht-fonts/unicode/
>
> Step 3: make use of available glyph information
> =====
>
> 3a)
> You may use lucidabr.sty as a pretty reliable source of information to
> extract the mapping between:
> - glyph name (in LaTeX)
> - font
> - slot
>
> 3b)
> In char-def.lua there are some mappings between context commands and
> unicode points. If any mapping is missing, you need to add it anyway
> (else you won't be able to use that particular command), for all other
> commands you already have unicode point, so when you find "rightarrow"
> or some other glyph in font, you may look it up in char-def.lua to
> determine the unicode number.
>
> You may want to use both the comprehensive TeX symbol list as well as
> the Unicode Standard to help you out if there are some glyphs you
> don't know.
>
> Step 4: fix math-lbr
> =====
>
> Step 5: complete the vectors in math-vfu.lua
> =====
>
> I'm not completly sure about some aspects of bold math, but here are
> at least some points to start with.
>
> Step 6: test
> =====
>
> Translate ams test paper and the comprehensive LaTeX symbol list to
> ConTeXt in order to test if all the characters work ok in all the math

Best Regards
Chen

          Zhi-chu Chen | Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility
         No. 2019 | Jialuo Rd. | Jiading | Shanghai | P.R. China
             tel: 086 21 5955 3405 | zhichu.chen.googlepages.com