That makes sense.

The main thing confusing me on contextgarden is:

   if cutspace == 0pt then
      cutspace = backspace
   end

Which I would guess is meant to allow you to just specify backspace if you
want symmetrical margins; but what if we want a 0pt cutspace?

A minor other thing confusing me is the terminology; mainly 'cut' and
'back'.  Are these ConTeXt-specific terms or are they found elsewhere?
'Back' would make more sense to me as 'binding' or 'spine', and the edge
referred to as 'cut' is referred to in
Wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book#Book_manufacturing_in_the_modern_world>as
the 'fore-edge'.

James