Good evening,

On 2010-03-07 <13:52:34>, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> >\startxmlsetups xml:afile
> >    \section{Filename \xmlatt{#1}{file}}
> >    %\xmlinclude{test} {  }          {\xmlatt{#1}{file}}
> >    %\xmlinclude{test} {/*}          {\xmlatt{#1}{file}}
> >    %\xmlinclude{test} {/sect}       {\xmlatt{#1}{file}}
> >    %\xmlinclude{test} {/sect/title} {\xmlatt{#1}{file}}
> >    \xmlinclude{test} {sect}        {\xmlatt{#1}{file}}
> >\stopxmlsetups
> >
> >Where “test” is the name of the document to be processed and "sect” is
> >the outermost node from the included file.
> >
> >This produces nothing, but try uncommenting some lines: context fails
> >with a lua error.  Why this?  xml-mkiv says that the second argument to
> >\xmlinclude should be an lpath from “file” and <sect> is the first node
> >in the file (I'll attach it).
>
> I don't pretend to understand all of XML processing, but I believe
> \xmlinclude works like this: take the file that is pointed to by
> the named attribute #3 from the node pointed to by lpath #2 in
> tree #1.

> So in this case, you would have \xmlinclude{test}{afile}{file}.
Yes, that did it.  I thoroughly confused the notion of “lpath” in
xml-mkiv.pdf.

> But I have no idea what then happens with the generated tree :-/
It's processed on the spot where <afile file="incfile"/> is found.  The
document should contain \xmlprependsetup{xml:afile} somewhere, too
(lxml-ini.mkiv, line 115).

> To actually make use of inc.xml in the current document, perhaps
> \xmlprocessfile is what you are after?
[...] snip
That's actually what troubled me in the first mail of this thread.  I
don't think \xmlprocessfile is intended to include files this way.

Thanks again,

Philipp

PS: XML in ConTeXt rocks!