> Could as well be a luatex backend problem so I have to
> discuss it with Taco and Hartmut.
>
> Hans

Hi Hans,

Thanks for  looking into this further. I have tried to drill down the effect
being switchable through \setupfootertexts here are my results.

In the example below, I get (with the stress about the latest update, I
refrained, running: LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.2-2010070117; ConTeXt  ver:
2010.07.27 16:30) I can switch/influence the horizontal collapse by (this is
not a series of steps, each statement assumes starting with the example as
given):

-- as given, the lines collapse.

-- en-/disabling \sc makes problem switchable

-- en-/disabling \setupfootertexts, problem switchable, however, once
\setuppagenumbering is commented out, this does not work anymore. The error
stays permanently.

-- enabling "\input tufte" in front of the \sc line causes the problem to
appear permanently now.

-- adding more tuftes before or after shifts the problem either way. But now
the permutation of cases gets a bit much...

% protusion
\definefontfeature [default][default][protrusion=quality,expansion=quality]
\setupalign[hz,hanging]

\setupfootertexts[chapter][pagenumber]
\setuppagenumbering [location=]

\usetypescript[palatino]
\setupbodyfont[times,12pt]

\starttext

%\input tufte
%\dorecurse {5}{\input tufte}

{\sc Die Exposition der Frage}

Notwendigkeit, Struktur und Vorrang der Frage

\section {Wiederholung der Frage}

\dorecurse {5}{\input tufte}