On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 08:47:58AM +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> On 08/17/2010 08:47 AM, John Magolske wrote:
> >Reading through the license of a commercial font I'm interested in,
> >I see it stipulated for PDF files created that:
> >
> >     "... a reader or user cannot create new content using one of our
> >     fonts in a PDF application ... the complete font is not embedded"
> >
> >And in an email correspondence with the vendor:
> >
> >     "We just ask that you subset the font when exporting the PDFs ..."
> >
> >Do PDF's generated by XeTeX and LuaTeX "subset the font" in this way?
>
> Yes, this is the default. So unless you have manually interfered, the
> included fonts are always subsetted.

I'm interested in the other way around, how can I tell luatex (or
context) to not subset the font, and I read that some recent version of
PDF specification allow embedding of unchanged opentype fonts (as
compared to converting them to type1 fonts), does luatex support (or
plan to support) that feature?

Regards,
 Khaled

--