On Wednesday 06 October 2010 12:33 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Thank you. I was searching for that piece of information on the wiki,
but wasn't able to find the right page. I have removed it now to avoid
any further confusion. The instructions were necessary back in 2009
since ConTeXt was seriously broken in TL, but now that ConTeXt at
least runs, even if outdated, it might be better to have a parallel
installation of minimals, or to update it via tlmgr.

Are you saying that re-installing ConTeXt from the TeXLive 2010 DVD and periodically running

tlmgr update --self --all

should take care of any context updates?

In any case, if I wished to use the minimals installation, can I set it up in my TEXMFHOME directory at ~/texmf by modifying the rsync target so:

rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/context/current/
 ~/texmf/

rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/luatex/linux-64/bin/luatex ~/texmf

Or would I be better advised to stay with what TeXLive 2010 provides for now?

In the meantime, since you probably need to fix the installation at
least, you may try to run
     rsync -av --include 'mtxrun' --include 'luatools' \
         rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/current/bin/context/linux-64/bin/ \
         /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86-64-linux/
in order to at least get the two scripts back in a working condition.

I did that and got the same error as reported previously.

In a very short time (probably at the first current release of
ConTeXt) one should be able to update it in TeX Live in a clean way.

This seems the most convenient solution for me. When is this likely to happen and will a tlmgr update be all that I need then?

Thank you.

Chandra