On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 04:07, R (Chandra) Chandrasekhar wrote:

> If I wanted to fix my broken TeXLive, should I just re-install ConTeXt from
> the TeXLive 2010 DVD or should I do a full re-install of the full scheme?

You have two options:
a) finish what you started
b) reinstall

In case of reinstall, it should be enough if you reinstall context and
luatex, I guess that can be done with:
    tlmgr install --reinstall context luatex

You will have some leftovers (extra files), but that should in general
not be a problem. (You can try to delete (= first move to some other
place) texmf-dist/tex/context before reinstalling if tmlgr won't
complain too much about missing files that cannot be removed.)

If something goes very bad, you can of course always reinstall
everything, but if the above works, there's no reason to worry.

If you want to finish what you have just started, you need to also
sync mtxrun and fetch texmfcnf.lua from minimals and fix it according
to TL structure. (That's slightly more non-trivial.) I almost forgot
about that file when I said that one should also update mtxrun.

Mojca