On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 11:27:35AM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 19-10-2010 11:17, luigi scarso wrote:
> >2010/10/19 Herbert Voss<herbert.v...@fu-berlin.de>:
> >>An example from the documentation:
> >>
> >>\starttext
> >>
> >>\startitemize[1,packed]
> >>\head supported image formats in \PDFTEX \par
> >>      \startitemize[a]
> >>      \item png \item eps \item pdf
> >>      \stopitemize
> >>\head non supported image formats in \PDFTEX \par
> >>      \startitemize[continue]
> >>      \item jpg \item gif \item tif
> >>      \stopitemize
> >>\stopitemize
> >>
> >>\stoptext
> >>
> >>I get with mkIV (TeXLive2010)
> >>[...]
> >>systems         : begin file zzzz.tex at line 3
> >>! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.
> >>\mathematics ... #1\else \Ustartmath #1\Ustopmath
> >>                                                  \fi
> >>\dodosymbol ...bol \csname \??ss :#1:#2\endcsname
> >>[...]
>
> If I remember right this is a bug in the luatex version that ships
> with texlive. Does
>
> \def\Ustartmath{$}
> \def\Ustopmath {$}

The problem seems to be with \Umathquad\displaystyle not being said,
which usually means he is loading a math font that has no math
parameters. For lualatex this used to be some TTF version of CM fonts
that are erroneously have similar file names (with different extension)
to the TFM fonts so it gets loaded instead of the real CM fonts. On my
Debian system, the were two versions, one bundled with LyX and one with
some other latex fonts package.

Regards,
 Khaled

--