On Nov 17, 2010, at 11:47 , Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> [...]

>> Here is a brief list of changes to the gnuplot CVS version:
>>
>> * support for ConTeXt and plain TeX
>
> Hurray! Thanks a lot.
>
>> * removed dependencies for LaTeX packages other than TikZ
>> * needs TikZ Version >= 2.0
>> * better support for saving terminal options with gnuplot 'save' command
>> * fixed "overflow" on negative coordinates that are outside of the crop box
>> * merged all recent patched from murphy-md and Ethan
>>
>> Unfortunately it is the Context output that does not compile with the most
>> recent Context version I installed from TeXLive 2010 and the
>> http://tlcontrib.metatex.org/2010/ repository. But I remember it working
>> with an older version so I hope this can be fixed easily ...

Thanks, I just updated the CVS version of gnuplot with your files and gave it a
try: It works with minimals!

> [...]
>>
>> Feedback and patches welcome!

No patches I'm afraid. But feedback goes here:

1) The label text of the following key element takes the color of the preceding
key symbol. Minimal example:

 set terminal lua tikz fulldoc size 15cm,7cm context
 set output 'plot.tex'
 set xrange [ 0 : 13 ]
 f1(x)=sqrt(x)
 f2(x)=sqrt(x*0.8)-3
 plot f1(x) lc rgb 'blue', f2(x)

2) Negative axis labels are set with hyphen instead of proper minus sign, which
should be longer (see example above).

3) First I thought luatex hangs but then I noticed TikZ is awfully slow when
drawing plots with large amounts of data points (the tikzpicture had about 3000
lines). I can speed this up by reducing the size by invoking plot with:

 plot "< gawk '(NR-1)%10 == 0 {print $0}' fileWithLotsOfData" using [...]

I wonder if there is a smarter way to do this in gnuplot.

4) Is there a possibility to get rid of the vertical artifacts in filledcurves?
Note: the artifacts are only visible when plotting from data files.

 set terminal lua tikz fulldoc size 15cm,7cm context
 set output 'plot.tex'
 plot "< gawk 'BEGIN {for (i = 1; i <= 100; i++) {print i, 0.7*i, 0.8*i+50}}'"
using 1:2:3 with filledcurve lc rgb 'black' t 'filled curve'
 set xrange [ 0 : 13 ]
 plot abs(x) with filledcurve xy=2,5

Best wishes,
Florian