On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 19:59, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, Khaled Hosny wrote:
>
>> That is why I asked Hans while ago how char-def.lua was generated, from
>> what version of Unicode and whether it is updated/updatable or not;
>
> I don't know how it was generated. Mojca and I occasionally update the file
> by adding the names of math symbols. If the latest unicode symbol list is
> available in text format, it should not be too difficult to check if the
> table in char-def  has any missing entries.

From what I know it has been auto-generated the first time. Unless I'm
mistaken Hans never used any automatic procedure to add the new glyphs
from newer Unicode standards.

It is definitely updatable, but not necessary regularly updated :) :) :)
The code that generated the list cannot be used without modifications
since there have been many manual changes on the old list, but it is
definitely doable.

Mojca