On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:45, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> And yes, texmfcnf.lua should be carefully designed to match the
>> structure of texmf trees in debian.
>
> Wouldn't just copying the texmfcnf.lua from texlive work?

Mine (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf/web2c/texmfcnf.lua) says

        TEXMFCACHE      = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-cache",

        TEXMFOS         = "$SELFAUTODIR",
        TEXMFSYSTEM     = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf",
        TEXMFMAIN       = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-dist",
        TEXMFCONTEXT    = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-context",
        TEXMFLOCAL      = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-local",
        TEXMFFONTS      = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-fonts",
        TEXMFPROJECT    = "$SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-project",

I'm not saying that it won't work at all, but I'm not sure if all the
files in Debian are at the same place relative to binaries. I wasn't
aware that texmf-context and other trees were also "preconfigured" to
exist in TL.

Note that SELFAUTOPARENT is set to root based on Norbert's output. The
tree 'texmf-dist' is probably not located under /texmf-dist ...

Mojca