Am 01.07.2011 um 10:15 schrieb Thomas Schmitz:

>>> 2. I want footnotes placed at the bottom of the page so that the vertical
>>> place is filled (so with a flexible vertical space between text and notes),
>>> but on the last page of every chapter, the publisher prefers the footnotes
>>> right below the text, not at the bottom of the page. Is this feasible?
>> Endnotes at the end of each chapter are easy when you use start/stopchapter
>> because you can flush them with the “aftersection” key.
> No, that's not what I was asking. I want footnotes on every page, just the
> ones on the last page should be moved up to the end of the text, not down to
> the bottom of the page. I tried \setupfootnotes[location=high], but when I
> enable it for the entire document, it wreaks havoc (footnotes running off the
> page instead of breaking, very inconsistent spacing). So also tried to enable
> location=high manually just for the last paragraph of every chapter (and
> putting this paragraph into a group), but that doesn't seem to change
> anything.

You have to set “location=page” at the begin of each new chapter.

\setuphead
  [chapter]
  [beforesection={\page % Necessary!
                  \setupnote[footnote][location=page]},
    aftersection={\setupnote[footnote][location=high]}]

\starttext

\startchapter[title={Zapf}]

\dorecurse{6}{\input zapf \footnote{Footnote #1}\par}

\stopchapter

\startchapter[title={Ward}]

\dorecurse{12}{\input ward \footnote{Footnote #1}\par}

\stopchapter

\stoptext

Wolfgang