On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Cecil Westerhof <cldwester...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2011/7/14 John Haltiwanger <john.haltiwan...@gmail.com>
>
>> I installed them. (When you know what to do, it is not hard.) Now I can
>> change the document. The only problem is that when deleting a page, or
>> adding a page, etc., the index and the page numbering  does not change. But
>> that could be that I do not understand Adobe. Five minutes is hardly enough
>> to learn to work with it.
>>

>> This would be a funciton of typesetting. The table of contents is indexed
>> to the document as it is typeset, not dynamically throughout its existence.
>> If you were to delete all the pages except for the table of contents, it
>> would still refer to all the same pages.
>>
>> If this is a necessary part of your workflow, then it sounds like a
>> WYSIWYG tool like Scribus or InDesign is more appropriate (unfortunately).
>>

> The problem is that my document already is finished. First I could just
> deliver a PDF file. Now they want to edit it themselves. Or can I generate
> from my tex file something that has the meta information and can be edited
> in Scribus?

Nope. As Mojca mentioned, PDF does not account for this kind of thing. I
mentioned those tools as a basis for constructing an entire document from
scratch. They have automatic page referencing similar to Context, but not in
a post-hoc fashion.

If they are only copy editing, I think you would be best served by exporting
to xhtml. I generally write all my documents in Markdown and convert using
Pandoc, so I'm not familiar with Context's xhtml capacities.

If they are doing layout.. Ouch.