On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Pontus Lurcock <p...@talvi.net> wrote:
> On Sun 25 Sep 2011, Pontus Lurcock wrote:
>
>> I've recently updated my standalone (32-bit Linux) ConTeXT from
>> 2011.02.25 to 2011.09.20, and I'm now having some trouble with float
>> placement. I'm using MkIV. I'm trying to have figures protruding into
>> the outer margins with a double-sided layout
>> Does anyone have any ideas or insights?
>
> Hmm, I guess not. I will put a note on the wiki page and revert to my
> old ConTeXt version for now. If anyone has an idea for a workaround I
> would be glad to know of it.
>
> Regards,

hm , it looks like a bad match with  between width=17cm and textwidth
This extreme example seems to works
\setuplayout[location=doublesided,width=20pc]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location={margin,header}]
\setupfloat[figure][location=inner]
\showframe
\starttext
% An extra page. \page[yes]
\dorecurse{4}{
\placefigure[]{caption}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=30pc]}\page}

luigi