On Thu 29 Sep 2011, luigi scarso wrote:

> I 've put \page just to show quickly the effect, but maybe there are
> still problems
>
> \setuplayout[location=doublesided,width=20pc]
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location={margin,header}]
> \setupfloat[figure][location=inner]
> \showframe
> \starttext
> % An extra page. \page[yes]
> \dorecurse{40}{
> \placefigure[here]{caption}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=30pc]}}
> \stoptext

Yes, that's pretty bad... in subsequent tests I've found that
‘diluting’ the figures with sufficient text (like adding \page) fixes
the problem -- unfortunately mixing [here] and [page] placement (as I
need to do in my document) messes it up again. In addition, several of
my tests crash ConTeXt with the error ‘Argument of \rootfloatparameter
has an extra }’, for example:

\setuplayout[location=doublesided]
\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location={margin,header}]
\setupfloat[figure][location=inner]
\showframe
\starttext
\input knuth
\dorecurse{4}{
\placefigure[here]{caption}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=17cm]}
\input knuth
\placefigure[page]{caption}{\externalfigure[cow.pdf][width=17cm]}
\input knuth
% \input knuth % uncomment this line to make the file work
}
\stoptext

Again, this works with v2011.02.25 (although figure numbers are mixed
up).

I think I'll have to give up on this now and revert to the old version,
but I'll put a pointer to this thread on the Wiki in case anyone else
runs into similar problems.

Pont