On 12/06/2011 06:14 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:

>>> The example takes here less than a second.
>>
>> My question would be then why in the normal case my system is ×7 slower?
>
> you can see at the end of the log where the time is spent .. do you have
> a cache (for fonts and such)?

I guess I have a font cache. I didn't configure anything, I use it as it
comes with TeXLive 2011.

I guess I have a font cache, because I use OS fonts with simplefonts.

But the same should happen to Wolfgang (and I don't think that his
computer is ×7 faster than my laptop).

But the example doesn't load system fonts, only Latin Modern.

Just in case you want to test my minimal sample:

\definepapersize[aa][width=2cm,height=1cm]
\setuppapersize[aa]
\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\starttext
\TeX\ \sc\word\ \TeX
\stoptext

But I think that less than a second total compiling time is too fast
only to load the ConTeXt macros.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo
--