On Mon, 12 Dec 2011, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

It would be a lot better to come up with some proposal how to change
the interface to enable what you want to do. (To be honest, it is
still on my todo list to migrate to Aditya's filter module in the
background, but I don't find the courage to start since I have no idea
how many bugs will creep in.)

Hey, there are no bugs in the filter module ;) If you can send me a complete behavioral description of what the gnuplot module does (what should be written to gnuplot file, what exact command should be called, etc), then I could easily write a wrapper based on the filter module.

But the filter module will not help with the OP's question, as the content I treat the filter environment as a buffer and don't parse it at all.

Aditya