Hi Hans,

finally I managed to figure out a "minimal" 3 page example that can reproduce
this strange bug!

It seems to be an interaction of \cite and \index with sectioning/bookmark
generation:
Please run "chap_1.tex" and click on the bookmark "1.1.2 SIX" ... no
destination is set.

(As I explained before, this does not mean that anything strange is going on at
\subsection{SIX}.
If the minimal file was longer, the missing link would have been somewhere
else.)

If I delete the used \index entries the bug is gone.
And if I delete the used \mycite commands the bug is gone, too.

I hope this test file might help ...

Steffen
-------