On Mon, 5 Mar 2012, Kip Warner wrote:

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 22:10 -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

Thanks Aditya. A couple questions for you.

\defineitemgroup[article]

\setupitemgroup
   [article]
   [
     left={Article },
     stopper=,
     symbol=R,
     before=\blank,
     after=\blank,
     distance=0.5em,
   ]

\setupitemgroup
   [article]
   [broad,fit]

Why is another \setupitemgroup being used here when broad,fit could have
been merged with its previous one that both affected the article
itemgroup?

Thats how itemgroup are configured. You cannot mix assignments (key=value) with options.

\starttext

\startarticle
   \item First article
   \item Second article
\stoparticle

Again

How do I add an extra line after the header?

You can use

\setupitemgroup
    [article]
    [command=\blank]

(in this case you can remove the second configuration (the one with broad, fit) or explicitly set width=0).

I tried adding another
\blank to the after parameter of \setupitemgroup, but it didn't seem to
use it.

\startarticle
   \item First article
   \item Second article
\stoparticle
\stoptext

Aditya

Lastly, how do I change the text colour of the item header? I tried the
following to no avail,

\setuphead
 [article]
 [color=colour_head]

Why do you expect \setuphead to change the way itemgroups behave? Use

\setupitemgroup
   [article]
   [color=...]

Aditya