On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 13:20 -0400, Matthias Weber wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> as the proud owner of one of these tablet thingies  I am trying to make it as
> TeX-friendly as possible. Because the chances
> of running TeX on it are slim, I've been looking at alternatives. The major
> goal would be to be able to create a
> presentation in ConTeXt on a tablet. For LaTeX, there is a cloud based
> services called ScribTeX,
> which allows you to store (in the free version) up to three projects with up
> to 50MB space in the cloud, and have it LaTeXed.
> As their cloud can be accessed via an App, you can edit the files on your
> tablet, send them to the cloud, have them TeXed, and
> download the pdf.
>
> I am tempted to contact the ScribTeX people and ask them to suport ConTeXt as
> well, but as I am just a little user and wouldn't have
> a clue about legalities, technicalities, etc, I thought I might ask here
> first.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Matthias

Hey Matthias,

It sounds like all you are trying to do is host a file on a server, but
the consumer lexicon may be confusing you. I recommend these two links:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#CloudComputing

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html

Best of luck and take care,

--