>>> so we need a directive (as they can be given on the commandline)
>>>
>>> local textfileactions = resolvers.openers.helpers.textfileactions
>>>
>>> directives.register("filters.utf.collapse", function(v)
>>>     utilities.sequencers[v and "enableaction" or
>>> "disableaction"](textfileactions,"characters.filters.utf.collapse")
>>> end)
>>>

>>> Hans
>>
>> Sorry to still bother you with this. I just could not get this working. Hopefully it is just that I could not figure out right command line stuff. (I tried out several different ways.) So could somebody tell me how it should be run.
>>
>> My guess is something like..
>>
>> context --directives=filters.utf.collapse=what_should_i_put_here? testcase.tex
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Simo
>>
>> PS: Both Context setups I tried to get this working (Ubuntu PPA and standalone) should have had code updated. So that should have not been the problem.
>
> Does it work when you add
>
>   \enabledirectives[filters.utf.collapse]
>
> at the begin of your document.
>
> Wolfgang

Did not work for me. However there was discussion that the directive should be invoked from command line.

But what left me really wondering this time was following. I tried to comment out "U0xfb35" table in "char-def.lua" for proof that this solution should work at all. However, for my surprise, it had no effect at all. For just in case, I even purged my Ubuntu PPA packaged version of ConTeXt to make sure that this modification I made to standalone version is really used. No effect. I also checked that my TeX file should have the correct characters, not the already combined ones. No error in there either.

Unfortunately internals of ConTeXt seems so complex for my level of programming skills that this time I could not think of anything more to try.

Simo