2012-10-17 Marco Pessotto:

> luigi scarso <luigi.sca...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > It's not a huge difference, but it can integrated better with mkiv; see
> > http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2011/talks/day1_05_luigi_graphicmagick/
> > (if you like these kind of things)
>
> I think I'll have to run some benchmark to see if it can save some
> resources and speed up the testing. I don't care too much for the mkiv
> integration. The other Marco's idea was exactly to make conTeXt run the
> tests.

I removed that part, it was a stupid idea. At the moment it's a pure
Lua solution. It's divided into two parts. The first part is the
database update, Lua runs context on the tests and writes the
results to a database (a Lua table stored in a file). For the second
part context is run on the database to generate the report from the
database. With this database you can display information like “What
broke in the last beta”.

> Looking at the diffs, many of the differences are really tiny, but
> differences exist nevertheless. It will take me some time to sort out
> which ones are just tiny space shifting, and which ones give really
> different output.

That's why I use a header for each test file. You can specify
“sensitivity=low|medium|high”, this sets a predefined tolerance for
the page difference. I don't see any other option. There is no
single value which is sensitive enough, for instance to detect if a
footnote is subscripted or not and at the same time tolerant enough
not to always mark a fifty page document as “failed”.

Marco