On 17-10-2012 21:30, Marco Pessotto wrote:
Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> writes:

On 17-10-2012 20:08, Marco Patzer wrote:
2012-10-17 Marco Pessotto:

Ok, this is my first bug report. I noticed that the column width/margin
is quite altered since TL12. There are some other problems, tough.

Full report here:

https://github.com/melmothx/context-unofficial-test-suite/commit/8575456ae9e5dfe1f5dea5ac1224f75b5d1eb0a2

(It's stored in the commit log).

I also caught some problems which are fixed in the beta, but broken in
TL12.

I don't know if Hans appreciates a test suite, seems like plenty of
work for him ;)

I'm not alone doing this, am I?

It all depends on how serious an issue is. For instance, columns use a
new mechanism so it might be as simple as changing some defaults.

Well, there aren't *so many* issues. If the columns are fine with you,
they are fine with me too. Changing the references is not a problem.
(Well, if they keep changing every week, well, that could be a problem
for the well-being of the test suite).

Mixed columns probably need some time to become stable (and the width / distance should definitely be compatible).

Some things, like the chemical stuff, require someone who actually does
know what they are (I don't).

Alan is currently reviewing the chemical subsystem.

The whole point of having a test suite is to catch the regressions
before they pile up. I just reported everything I saw.

Sure. In principle we should be downard compatible (although mkiv might do things better than mkii) and at some point things should stabelize again. So, any indication if a substantial change is important.