Setting the main font to ipaexm for Japanese characters, causes the sample
document below to fail being typest properly.

The $\diamond$ symbol I specified as an item bullet does not get typeset and
where is should be is blank.  Though not shown in this example, the default set
is also affected.  When it should be a circular bullet a largish hypen - is
displayed.

Also parsing of the document text itself is affected with Context halting in
the middle of the first item's text.

I think all problems are due to the change in fort.  Is there anyway I can
specify a backup font or a fort to use for only the symbols, which I believe is
in a math font?

Any assistance it getting this working will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

---- # 1 Sample Context Macro document that causes the errors: ----

\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[ipaexm]
\definesymbol[5][$\diamond$]

\starttext
   \startitemize[5,columns,unpacked,two,broad]
       \item 此の行にbulletを打つ。
       \item One more column for good measure
   \stopitemize
\stoptext

 --- end of sample Context macro doc.

---- #2  sample of the errors output by Context ----
 system          > cont-new.mkiv loaded ...
 system          > beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.mkiv
 .
 .
 fonts           > latin modern fonts are not preloaded
 languages       > language en is active

 fonts           > typescripts > unknown: library 'loc'
 {/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-....../context/mkiv-base.map}

 fonts           > defining > forced type otf of latinmodernmath-regular not
found
 fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'latinmodernmath-regular' is
not found using lookup 'file'
 fonts           > defining > unknown font latinmodernmath-regular, loading
aborted
 fonts           > defining > unable to define latinmodernmath-regular.otf as
[simplefonts:1-12pt-mm-mr--3]

 fonts           > defining > forced type otf of latinmodernmath-regular not
found
 fonts           > defining > font with asked name 'latinmodernmath-regular' is
not found using lookup 'file'
 fonts           > defining > unknown font latinmodernmath-regular, loading
aborted
 fonts           > defining > unable to define latinmodernmath-regular.otf as
[simplefonts:1-12pt-mm-mr--2]
 .
 .
 fonts           > math: unset for global bodyfont simplefonts:1 at 12pt
 fonts           > math: unset for global bodyfont simplefonts:1 at 12pt

 ! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.

 system          > tex > error on line 8 in file bullet-problem.tex:
                    Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set ...
 .
 .

 ? OK, entering \nonstopmode...
 ! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.

 system          > tex > error on line 8 in file bullet-problem.tex: Math
error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set ...
 ! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.

 system          > tex > error on line 9 in file bullet-problem.tex: Math
error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set ...
 .
 .
 .
 ! Math error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set.

 mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1