On 6/19/2013 1:23 AM, hwit...@gmail.com wrote:

Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

On 6/18/2013 1:38 PM, hwit...@gmail.com wrote:

Aditya,
     thanks for the information adding  \setmathfont[modern]   It fixed the
problem for the default bullet symbols.  But, it did not fix the case where I'm
trying to use the $\diamond$ symbol as the bullet, and compile time errors
occur.  I will attach the log file.  Hopefully you can identify what is missing.

    I apologize for my lack of knowledge about fonts details and handling at
this poing, but am learning.  Here is the minimal exampple:

the names of lm math fonts have changed a few times ... if you use the
file: prefix and goodie files are loaded the logic makes sure that at
least one is found

so, the question is: does simplefonts (the one on your machine) define
the lm math font in the right way (read: adapted to the latest
fashion)

Hans

Good question.  How should I go about finding the answer to this?

Updated all TeXLive 2011 a week ago.

that one is way too old for lm math as these fonts only showed up last year so, either update to

- tex live 2013

or

- use the context garden distribution