You editor probably isn't picking up ConTeXt because it's probably not on
the system path. I add the setuptex command at the end of .bashrc or
.bash_profile. This makes it accessible from the terminal, but not all
programs read in .bashrc or .bash_profile. You should add ConTeXt to your
editor's path, if possible.