On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:34 PM, Mari Voipio <mari.voi...@iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I updated my ConTeXt installation today and now it refuses to work
> with TextMate and TeXworks. When I use the typesetting command on
> either editor, I get the error message
>
> mtxrun          | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'
>

> The weird thing is that my ConTeXt standalone installation works on
> command line (with "context myfile.tex").

I finally realized that I hadn't tried using ConTeXt from an editor
since I installed MacTeX Basic on this computer (the full package
refuses to download, even with Safari). So the problem wasn't in the
ConTeXt update but in what I did before that.
It took a bit of digging, but in a moment of inspiration I checked
/usr/ and found a symbolic link
texbin -> /Library/TeX/Distributions/.DefaultTeX/Contents/Programs/texbin

I *think* that was what wreaked havoc in my editors, because when I
_removed_ the texbin path from TextMate, ConTeXt started working again
in that editor.

So now I have TextMate for ConTeXt and TeXShop for LaTeX, and I'm
quite content with this arrangement; I don't mind having dedicated
software as long as it works and I've achieved that aim now.

Thank you all for your help in deducing that I indeed had a path
problem, that led me to find a (the?) solution.

Regards,

Mari