Hi All, Wolfgang,

The PROBLEM is that Skia.ttf has the wrong permissions!
Everyone is set to none. meaning this file can not be read!

Solution copy to somewhere else, remove from /Library/Fonts and reinstall.

This suggest to me that when scanning the fonts and building the support files
there is a sanity check missing! Whether this sanity is truly needed is a
matter of taste,
as I assume this is most likely a very rare case, where a system font has for
some reason
bad permissions. Interestingly enough on my clean OSX only emergency drive
Skia.ttf has
the proper permissions.

Since I did a clean and migrated the my user with Migration Assistant  I assume
it mangled
the permissions.

regards
        Keith.