On 11/22/2013 9:44 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
On 2013-11-20 Hans Hagen wrote:
On 11/19/2013 11:48 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

I'd like to tweak a default TOC linespacing...

I've 'invented' this:

\setupcombinedlist[content][list=chapter, alternative=c]

\starttext

\title{Table of Contents}
\setupinterlinespace[line=0.8ex] % too small, just for testing
\placecontent
\setupinterlinespace[line=2.75ex]
%\setupinterlinespace[reset]

\startfrontmatter
\chapter{Intro}text

text

text
\startfrontmatter
\startbodymatter
\chapter{Chapter}text
\stopbodymatter
\startbackmatter
\chapter{Appendix}text
\stopbackmatter
\stoptext

I cannot use simply the \completecontent command as the linespacing
is effective already between the title and the first entry line...
so I am splitting the title and the rest and set the linespacing
just before list rendering. Finally I am resetting the value manually.

Are there better ways to tweak linespacing in TOC ?

\title{Table of Contents}

\start
      \setupinterlinespace[line=0.8ex] % too small, just for testing
      \placecontent
\stop

Thanks for the hint.

But as I found, any value below 2.8ex causes interline inconsistencies when
special cases appears, see the extreme below:

\starttext
\start
\setupinterlinespace[line=1.0ex]
\placecontent
\stop
\chapter{aaaaaaaa}. % line without descenders precedes a line without
ascenders
\chapter{pppppppp}. % line with descenders is followed with a line with
ascenders
\chapter{ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ}. % the result is an inconsistent baseline distance
\stoptext

Is there any remedy for this? Can I fix the baseline distance somehow?

I have such cases in my TOC :-(
(but not so extreme as here)

\definegridsnapping[crap] [fit,0.2]
\setuplayout[grid=crap]

but if you really need that kind of tweaks you might consider using a better font: if interlinespace is too small you will never get nice results

you can try to play with the h/d ratio:

\setupinterlinespace[line=2.8ex,height=0.8,depth=0.2]
\showstruts \strut x
\setupinterlinespace[line=2.8ex,height=0.7,depth=0.3]
\showstruts \strut x

or you can plug in a command (in the toc handler) that puts each line in a box with manipulated dimensions