On 11/23/2013 1:44 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
On 2013-11-23 Hans Hagen wrote:
On 2013-11-20 Hans Hagen wrote:
On 11/19/2013 11:48 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

I'd like to tweak a default TOC linespacing...

\title{Table of Contents}

\start
        \setupinterlinespace[line=0.8ex]
        \placecontent
\stop

But as I found, any value below 2.8ex causes interline
inconsistencies when
special cases appears, see the extreme below:

\starttext
\start
\setupinterlinespace[line=1.0ex]
\placecontent
\stop
\chapter{aaaaaaaa}. % line without descenders
\chapter{pppppppp}. % line with descenders
\chapter{ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ}. % the result is an inconsistent baseline
\stoptext

Is there any remedy for this? Can I fix the baseline distance
somehow?

\definegridsnapping[crap] [fit,0.2]
\setuplayout[grid=crap]

This helps! But... it breaks something else :-(

I've finally found an acceptable solution.

During my tests I found a crucial difference between:

\setupinterlinespace[line=2.0ex]

and

\setupinterlinespace[0.25]

The latter sets the baseline distance correctly even without that
problematic snapping to the grid!

All lines in my book have a certain (default) linespacing.
TOC entries are rendered (by default) using bigger linespacing.

Btw, is there any option to override a default (huge) TOC
linespacing? I
still consider my solution rather a hack.

just set 'before' and 'after'

Ok. I haven't realize that.

normally linespacing in the toc is the same as in the rest of the
document unless one has assigned to before/after

This example shows different behaviour:

\showgrid
\starttext
\start
\placecontent
\stop
\chapter{aaaaaaaa}Foo

Bar
\chapter{pppppppp}.
\chapter{ŠŠŠŠŠŠŠŠ}.
\stoptext

On my computer the TOC linespacing is almost twice as big as that in the
paragraph.

if the grid is on that can indeed be the case but only if there are lines with > lineheight so that's why you can use less strict options (older mails)