Am 10.02.2014 um 19:41 schrieb Robert Blackstone <blackstone.rob...@gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>  I have a few issues with the Table of Contents and with the List of Figures
>
> 1 How can one force a page break after some section. In my present setup I
> have a Chapter 4, sitting lonely at the bottom of the first page of the ToC,
> with its sections on the next page. I have tried \completecontent[3.7], as
> described on p. 53 of "ConTeXt an excursion", but that does not work for me
> (I'm on mkiv).
> What can be done about it?

You can use \testpage to make sure chapter entries have a certain number of
lines before a page break happens, e.g.
\setuplist[chapter][before={\testpage[4]\blank}]

When you need manual page breaks in the TOC in your final document there is
another mechanism: http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2010/052739.html

> 2 My list of figures gives the complete captions, some of which are long.
> Those exceeding their allotted space break off, which is OK, but there are
> some that run up against the page number, which is ugly and unclear.
> What can I do the create a little more space between caption and page number?

Make a example.

Wolfgang