Am 2014-05-01 um 05:13 schrieb Andrea Valle <va...@di.unito.it>:

> Dear,
>
> I’m compiling the new version of my manual on the SuperCollider language,
> using a project structure, and I’m including a lot of pdfs, as I’m
> automatically generating figures containing colorised code that have to
> included  in the book. Btw I’m quite happy of the results! Thanks to devs for
> your work.
>
> Anyway, I’m stuck at this. I’m getting this error, seems related to the
> number of included pdfs
>
>  </paperiProgetti/SC/introSC/code/controlli/map.pdfI/O Error: Couldn't open
> file '/paperiProgetti/SC/introSC/code/controlli/map.pdf': Too many open files.
>
> !LuaTeX error: xpdf: reading PDF image failed
>  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
>
> What can I do?

See http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond#Too_many_open_files :

*Too many open files*

With bigger projects ... you might run into "too many open files" errors, at
least in Linux, OSX and other Unix-like OSes.
Ask your shell about the open files maximum and set it higher:

 $ ulimit -n
 256
 ulimit -S -n 2048

Greetlings, Hraban