Am 02.08.2014 um 10:51 schrieb Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o.
<l...@pontex.cz>:

> Hello,
>
> my case may be a bit more complicated;
> it uses an environment file which uses \os in it.
>
> So let's have:
>
> ----
> \definefontfeature[default][default][onum=no,lnum=yes]
>
> % In fact, in a separate environment file >>
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,11pt]
> \os
> % In fact, in a separate environment file <<
>
> \definefontfeature[default][default][onum=no,lnum=yes]
>
> \starttext
>  A:123
>
>  \os
>  B:123
>
>  \definefontfeature[default][default][onum=no,lnum=yes]
>  C:123
> \stoptext
> ----
>
> So I'd expect (or I'd like to achieve) lining numbers at least in "C:123"
> (but also in "A:123"; and in page numbers),
> but I'm getting old-style numbers at all three cases ("A:123", "B:123" and
> "C:123").
>
> IOW, I need to suppress the \os feature of the environment file, no matter
> whether just before or just after it has been included.
>
> Ho to do it?

Don’t use the \os command this way because the command is only meant to be used
on the form {\os 1234} where you put braces around the numbers you want to
change. When you use the \os command as shown above you get problems because
ligatures, kerning etc. are disabled by the command.

\starttext

AV TA fi ffi fl ffl

{\os AV TA fi ffi fl ffl}

\stoptext

A different method to enable old style figures is to use the \feature command
which enables the feature without canceling ligatures etc.

\definefontfeature[f:oldstyle][onum=yes]

\starttext

0123456789 {\os 0123456789} 0123456789

0123456789 \feature[+][f:oldstyle]0123456789 \feature[-][f:oldstyle]0123456789

\stoptext

Wolfgang