Dear list,

In a number of notes (recent and in the list archive) I have seen \resetsetups, used (always) as in a block of code like this from Gerben Wierde:

   \startsetups chapter:before
      \page[left]
      \noheaderandfooterlines
      \startalignment[left,nothyphenated]
        \startnarrower[4*left]
            \em \getbuffer[chapter:quote]
        \stopnarrower
      \stopalignment
      \resetsetups[quote:text]
      \page[right]
      \noheaderandfooterlines
      \blank[force,2*big]
   \stopsetups

What is the purpose of \resetsetups in this code? I see no different result without it, and all I can determine from list and document searches is that this is a vestigal command from x-fo processing.

--
Rik