On 23 Sep 2014, at 12:51, Robert Blackstone <blackstone.rob...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2014, at  11:34:45 +0600, Henning Hraban Ramm <te...@fiee.net> wrote
>>
>> Am 2014-09-18 um 01:37 schrieb Robert Blackstone
>> <blackstone.rob...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I would not know how to make a minimal example that will consistently give
>>> the error.
>>> I had hoped that this text in the error message: ?Attempt to double-free
>>> dir node 54467, ignored? would contain some information as to what might be
>>> wrong, but apparently it does not.
>>
>> Might that mean something like ?too many open files??
>> Did you try to change you OS?s settings? See
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/LilyPond#Too_many_open_files
>>
>> Or maybe too many files in a working directory (that containing your files
>> or a temp dir of ConTeXt)?
>
> Thanks, Hraban, for your advice.
> I’ve no idea whether or not the error is connected with “too many open
> files”.

It is not. “dir node” means “direction node” in this context. Nodes are LuaTeX
internal data structure objects.
Various bits of ConTeXt manipulate these objects, and sometimes the reference
counting goes off and one
whose memory has already been given back to the operating system is asked to
release its memory again.

The message is harmless, but it points to a small lua programming error
somewhere in the source (either
by the author or by ConTeXt).

Best wishes,
Taco