uups. I was to quick with my answer: in the meantime I did reset my $PATH variable in order to use the texlive-context version again. so adding the \enabledirectives[modules.permitunprefixed] and recompiling the document did not proof anything (stupid error...). so I have now retried with the current standalone `context' and -- alas! -- the `undefined control sequence' error does not go away. do be specifc:

-- document and module reside in the same directory

-- the module is residing in file `t-title.tex' and defines (upon others) `\doctitle'

-- the document loads the module with `\usemodule[title]' (which is now preceded by `\enabledirectives[modules.permitunprefixed]')
   and then uses `\doctitle' which triggers the error.

-- right now, the standalone `context' binary is at the very top of $PATH.

any ideas?

thx,joerg