Hi Marcin,

On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:34:21 -0700, Marcin Borkowski <mb...@wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:

On 2015-01-13, at 20:59, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <isha...@colostate.edu> wrote:

Dear gang,

I'm currently writing a paper with very basic typographical needs:
blockquotes, emphasis, bibliography, perhaps a graphic or two. The
publisher wants the thing in Word, naturally. The last time I did
something like this I set up a markdown document and just exported it to
both docx and to context. For simple documents this is at least workable,
but I'd prefer to write in context, not markdown.

While I /do/ understand you (it's the same with me, only that I'm more
comfortable with LaTeX), have you considered Org-mode?  It's
similar to markdown (though better IMHO), but it comes with great
support in Emacs.  And you get export to odt "for free".  (Also to
LaTeX, though unfortunately not to ConTeXt; OTOH, writing a ConTeXt
exporter should be fairly easy, and a simple exporter could be done in
a few days - the framework for writing exporters to different formats is
very well done.  Incidentally, there's also a Markdown exporter, so you
could probably get to ConTeXt via markdown).

Thank you, Marcin, for introducing me to Org-mode. OTOH, I decided some years ago that the Emacs lifestyle is a bit too much for me :-)

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid