On 2/6/2015 9:20 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 9:09 AM, luigi scarso wrote:
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Mojca Miklavecwrote:

(Well, my computer hoplessly crashed when I first tried it, but I hope
it's not your code to be blamed ;)

A crash (ie a seg. fault, or an infinite loop)
with context ?

It's way too off-topic, but first my pdf viewer crashed while context
was still compiling the document, luatex was stuck in the middle of
compiling. I used Ctrl+C to break the compilation, but there was a
ghost process still there. I tried to remove the new code, then start
context again. It was stuck again, I had to use Ctrl+C to stop
compilation and there was again a new ghost luatex process in the
background. I tried "kill -9 <pid>", but it didn't help. I tried to
force kill it in the GUI, no success either. Then I tried "rm
filename.pdf" and the "rm" process was stuck as well, forever. Finally
I tried to reboot the machine, but it refused to reboot, so I had to
shut it down the hard way (press the switch-off button for a long
time, an equivalent of removing the battery).

I don't think that any of that had anything to do with ConTeXt or
luatex. It sounds like a hardware issue to me (despite my first
thought that I ended up in an infinite loop).

----------

Back on topic. If I move a figure to Appendices, the figure now gets
numbered as "1.V" (I would want to see "B.1" if it's the first figure
in Appendix B). But when I reference that figure in main text, it
becomes "Figure 1.5" which is indistinguishable from another figure
"1.5" in the first chapter.

weird indeed as it should default to numbers at that that level cf.

\defineconversionset
  [appendix:default]
  [Romannumerals,Characters]
  [numbers]

so for the moment use

\defineconversionset
  [appendix:default]
  [Numbers,Characters]
  [numbers]

(as the first level, part is not used by you anyway)