On 2/6/2015 9:20 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Back on topic. If I move a figure to Appendices, the figure now gets
numbered as "1.V" (I would want to see "B.1" if it's the first figure
in Appendix B). But when I reference that figure in main text, it
becomes "Figure 1.5" which is indistinguishable from another figure
"1.5" in the first chapter.

Interesting is that this got unnoticed (here it's no surprise as in nearly most docs we produce for others have unnumbered figures).

The problem, is that numbered items use the 'default' conversionset and that one has an appendices setting.

So, what is needed is this:

\defineconversionset [number] [] [numbers]

\setupcounters
  [numberconversionset=number]

(math for instance already has its own conversionset)

Hans

ps. Each counter can have a dedicated conversion set and these travel around the system so that when referred they are also used - but they can also be overloaded then - which makes it possible to render numbers (prefix+number+suffix) independently. (In mkii we'd have to disassemble these 1.2.3.4 numbers in order to mess with separators in different colors in different places etc., not that i ran into a project that demanded this recently.)