On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:42:11 -0600, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <isha...@colostate.edu> wrote:

Dear gang,

In the attached example: For a given footnote I would like for the first
line of each paragraph after paragraph one to be indented. What do I need
to do to get this right? Thanks in advance, and

Best wishes
Idris

============
\setupindenting[big,yes]
\setupheads[indentnext=no]
\setupnotation[footnote][command={\setupindenting[big,yes]},indenting=yes,next]

\starttext
\startsubject[title=Indentation Within a Footnote]
\input ward
\startfootnote
\input ward

\input ward

\input ward
\stopfootnote

\input ward
\stopsubject
\stoptext

\setupnotation[footnote][indenting=yes,next]
\setupfootnotedefinition[before={\setupindenting[big,yes]}]

will give me what I want. But can anyone explain why *both* commands are needed? Toggling these two commands doesn't work.

Best wishes
Idris

--
Idris Samawi Hamid