Alan BRASLAU írta:
>On Mon, 4 May 2015 17:54:31 +0200
>Csikos Bela wrote:
>
>> I could set up superscript citation for numerical citation based on
>> contextgarden bibliography page example.
>
>A MKII hack...
>
>> >Let me understand, though.
>> >Do you want to mix\high{1} citations with [1] citations?
>> >That would be rather strange, stylistically.
>>
>> Yes, but in tables I don't want to put superscript citations.
>
>OK, thanks for explaining this use.
>

>> >There is a predefined second num cite variant \cite[textnum][tag].
>> >It's use is intended to produce something like ref. 1, to be used
>> >syntactically in a sentence, in conjunction with standard num
>> >references. [1] This is just num setup with
>> >[left={ref.\nbsp},right=].
>>
>> I guess this command would fit my needs after some editing.
>> Unfortunately my context version doesn't have this command.
>>
>> Using \cite[textnum][tag] simply outputs "[tag]".
>>
>> Either I should update my context to newer (beta?), which I don't
>> know how to do, or define the command in the document. I'd prefer the
>> latter one, if feasible.
>
>You are using the MKII code. It takes the syntax
>\cite[alternative]{key} which is very intolerant of spacing
>and the newer module has abandoned this LaTeX style in favor of
>\cite[key] and \cite[alternative][key]
>
>I recommend that you stick with the MKII module/code for now as we have
>not yet entirely stabilized the new dataset code.

Thanks. But there's no any indication in the log file of using mkII, unless
mkiv uses the same code. All \cite[alternative][key] variants work for me
except the \cite[textnum][key]
variant. See the attached example tex file with its pdf output and log file.

My question still is how I could define an alternative \cite command for
numerical citations,
e.g. \cite[textnum].

Thanks,

bcsikos